Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Corporal Punishment

Abolishment of corporal punishment surely is a welcome sign that relieves a child’s psychological and physiological stress in our schools. My memory is still fresh, it was my elementary school and I was in my second standard. I was scared of a teacher whose tone inside the class room gave me chills.


The entire class could tell that she is approaching our class room, from her “metti oli”. When she takes a day off, the entire class or probably the entire school would rejoice. This is when I was being introduced to a paper and pencil, and her response to a messy handwriting is a serious slap on the face. One can imagine what the punishment would be for missing homework. I was petrified to be in her class, had night mares and refused to go to school. Contrarily, I feel she made me who I am today and till date I have huge respect for her. I took extra care and worked hard at school so that I will not be punished by her ever.

4 comments:

Raz said...

adichi valakanum! apa than kozhadaikal nalla irukum! ana oru limit irukanum! i am against the removing the punishment.

Driver said...

Sriram:
I dont know how it will or can be "put in to effect". raz vaazhkaila romba "adi pattu" munnukku vantha maathiri theriyuthu...

Raz said...

@driver: cycle pota kathukanumna adi patha than mudiyum! athu mathiri than ithuvum

Driver said...

சைக்கிள் ஓட்டக்கத்துக்கும்போது கத்துக்கறவங்களை யாரும் தள்ளி விடரதில்லை.
தானா விழுந்து எழுந்துக்கறதுக்கும், பக்கத்துல இருக்கறவன் தள்ளி விடரதுக்கும் நிரய வித்தியாசங்கள் உண்டு...